“But be doers of the word, and not hearers only,…”
(James 1:22, ESV)
For far too long, American Christians have absented themselves from roles in which they can be used by the Lord to influence, energize, invigorate and even transform the American culture with Christian Principles.
We may be involved with our church and attend regularly, we may be in small group, we may support ministries and missionaries with donations, we may get involved in service projects, we may be involved in a serious verse-by-verse Bible Study and we may even be witnessing to unbelievers regularly – but - we have neglected our culture.
Yet, we often complain about the deterioration of that culture.
- TV and Media: That TV and media content is presented almost exclusively from a Liberal / Atheistic Worldview, while the Christian lifestyle is increasingly denigrated.
- So where are the Christians producing and distributing solid Christian Principled Content?
- Schools: That God has been taken out of our schools; that they have lost the understanding of what it means to provide a proper education; that they undermine parental guidance and work to teach our children to walk in the way of the world and away from their faith.
- So where are the Christians on the School Board and in the Administration, setting policy and establishing methods?
- Politics and Government: That politics and government has become a ‘dirty business’; that all politicians are alike and none can be trusted.
- So why is the number of genuine Christians involved no longer significantly influential? And what are we doing to raise up Godly leaders and assure honest elections?
- Judiciary: That the institution of marriage is under full frontal assault; that the notion of male and female is being turned on its head; that our religious freedoms are being trampled upon and violated as we lose our jobs or businesses, are fined and/or imprisoned, and all because we are trying to live out a Christian life.
- So where are our Christian judges and Attorneys General?
As uncomfortable as it might be to accept, we Christians need to acknowledge that we are indirectly responsible for much of the decline we see in our culture - not because of what we have done, but because of what we have not done.The Lord has called us to "go and make disciples of all nations,"..." teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.". (Mt 28:19 & 20). Note that Jesus uses the term "nations" here and not something like 'individuals'. The difference is subtle, but significant. Individual people certainly would be included. But the word 'nation' conveys the idea of a larger entity - the 'body politic' and all its mechanisms - its institutions - its economic, political and social organization. Taking this into account, perhaps we can see that the Lord's meaning here may have been larger in scope than what we customarily have come to understand.
Our Founding Fathers seemed to understand the importance of incorporating Christian Principles as they designed and constructed the mechanisms and institutions of our nation. They understood how critical Christian Principles were to the proper functioning of a free society. And they understood that it was a duty and obligation for them to be personally involved in influencing the culture with these Christian Principles.
Somehow, over time, this understanding has alluded more recent generations of American Christians.
Founders League is working to reacquaint American Christians with this understanding and call them to be instrumental in bringing back these Founding Principles; these Biblical Principles; these Godly Principles as the governing framework for our communities, from the neighborhood to the nation.
The very first area in which we are working, is the area of TV and Media. Through Founders League Channel ™ we are working to provide a solid source of Christian Principled, Christian Worldview content that will be - informative about the world around us, insightful in revealing the implications of that information, helpful in showing us how we can have a positive impact on our culture for Christ, supportive of the various aspects of our Christian walk and even on occasion, refreshing. In short, a viable, Christian Worldview alternative to Conventional Media - TV the Founders would watch!
So please click here if you would like to learn more about Founders League Channel ™. And if you are attracted to the work the Lord has established for us and would like to know what you can do to help, please click on the “You Can Help” button on the Navigation Cluster above. Thank you for your interest in Founders League. - Roland Smith, President /Executive Director
“Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord…” (Ps. 33:12, NIV84)